Animated short film The Blood of the Bear, which I scored, will be shown at the Barbican on 20th November as part of their annual Framed Film Festival. Get screening details at the Barbican website.
The film is also being shown as part of the first Haringey International Film Festival on November 26th, get details at the venue website. The film has already been shown in festivals across the UK and in Spain, Denmark and Poland:
• ARS International Film Festival in Katowice, Poland – September 2013
• Bornshorts Film Festival, Denmark – September 2013
• Cinema Jam, London - August 2013
• Cornwall Film Festival – November 2013
• Encounters Short Film and Animation Festival – September 2013
• Invisible Films, London - September 2013
• Leamington Underground Cinema Festival – September 2013
• Sitges International Fantastic Film Festival of Catalonia – October 2013
• The Cally Festival, London - September 2013
In his recent review, Benn Veasey describes my score for The Blood of The Bear:
"Ed Scolding provides an accomplished score, with a desolate sounding fiddle capturing the fragility of the little boy’s situation."
He goes on to say the film is "touching and compassionate...quietly universal in its appeal." Read the rest of the review.